Wine is included in the Mediterranean diet and numerous studies indicate that it has multiple health benefits: it helps reduce cholesterol, prevents some types of cancer and even avoids depressive states.
Here are some reasons why you should include moderate wine consumption (a glass at lunch or dinner) in your diet.
Benefits of red wine
- It helps you live longer thanks to procyanidins, compounds found in red wine that help keep your blood vessels in perfect condition.
- It reduces the risk of heart attacks and strokes.
- It fights against skin ageing and makes the skin look brighter due to the vitamins it provides.
- Some compounds in grapes prevent the appearance of caries-related bacteria and are also very effective against gum inflammation and throat infections.
- Red wine contains resveratrol, a compound that protects vision and prevents the development of blindness.
- The seeds and skins of black grapes contain certain chemicals that increase testosterone in women, reducing the risk of breast cancer.
- The flavonoids present in the skins and pips of grapes help to reduce the harmful effects of ultraviolet rays on our skin.
- Moderate consumption of red wine increases the levels of omega-3 fatty acids in the body, thus protecting against heart disease.
- Enjoying a glass of wine triggers the release of endorphins, which are responsible for the feeling of happiness.
- The resveratrol in grapes makes us feel better on days when we feel more tired.
- A glass of wine a day reduces the risk of developing kidney stones.
If we have convinced you with all these benefits of red wine, we encourage you to put into practice its moderate consumption in the best possible way, tasting La Fea wines.